Date:      Wed, 4 Aug 1999 17:01:07 -0700
From:      dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
To:        Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>
Cc:        Mark Ovens <markov@globalnet.co.uk>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, "Stephen C. Fuqua" <sfuqua@nas.nasa.gov>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, sfuqua@nothing.nas.nasa.gov
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD cures RSI

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 12:23:16PM +0200, Phil Regnauld wrote:
> Mark Ovens writes:
[...]
> > > FWIW, we used to call this "Sun Mouse Syndrome" back before we had
> > > thousands of people giving it mass-media names like "RSI".
> >
> > Why specifically Sun?
>
> 	Because Sun shipped optical mice with their workstations very early
> 	on, way before the others did ?

and those optical mice sucked really bad.  you had to move them the right way
on the little silver grid, and in the sticky lab environment i used them at,
this meant pretty much holding the mouse from above and guiding it along on
each edge with my fingers, carefully clicking where needed ... AUGH!

thanks for bringing back some nasty memories! :p

-d

--
dannyman - http://www.dannyland.org/~dannyman/