Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 1997 18:48:10 +0200 (EET)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/etc make.conf

(from cvs to current to chat, i dont want to flood "usefull" lists
with this)

> > thus "works", right?
> Right.  It's used by the standard FTP:
> Is documented by fetch:

yeah, i noticed (before i posted to the list), that's why i posted, i
thought it's broken, or something.

> > as far as i can see, this is far better way to do it than
> > bloating the fetch to actually agree with FTP_PASSIVE_MODE.
> Fetch is already, through libftpio, supposed to agree with
> it.  Unfortunately, I don't have a firewall'd machined handy
> to test at the moment but it's certainly worked in the past
> when I did.

uh, i _swear_ my machine at work, originally may 3.0 snap, brought
several times up-to-date -current with all /etc modifications
and stuff, needed that line to /etc/make.conf until it used that
passive mode. (last update to -current is from monday)

i can make it again inoperational by removing the line!

has the fact that our netbsd (wasnt/isnt my installation!) translates
my 10.0.0.0 into "real" internet address with ipnat something to
do with it?

hmm, ok, forget it. *sulk*

anyone want to fly to finland and take a peek? (hell, no, i'm not
paying the tickets, sorry)

=)

> 					Jordan

mickey