Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 1998 18:13:57 -0500
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ92.html#92

http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/FAQ92.html#92
I have installed 96 meg of ram. The information in that FAQ was not
really helping me. A user won't know that for a 96 machine, you need to
do 96 * 1024=98304K. It's not explained. And I finded a better way to
write it in the kernel.
----------
-options "MAXMEM=<n>"
-
-Where n is your memory in Kilobytes. For a 128 MB machine, you'd want
-to use 131072.
New version:
options         "MAXMEM=(n*1024)"

Where n is your memory in Megabites. For a 128 MB machine, you'd want to
use:

options         "MAXMEM=(128*1024)"

see "/sys/i386/conf/LINT".