Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 13:56:29 -0700
From:      RGireyev@BellInd.com
To:        <reese@chem.duke.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Windows 95 -ppp-> FreeBSD nameserver problem

The pitiful, crap, windors95 dung does not have
scripting options. So you cannot write a script to do
this for your customers. You must tell your, already
confused users, to  do the following:
Click Start->Settings->Control Panel
Double Click Network
Scroll through installed network components and locate TCP/IP
(This of course assumes Microsoft stack)
Highlight TCP/IP and click on Properties
A screen with six tabs will show up
Select the DNS Configuration
Click on Enable DNS
Enter Host and Domain
Enter DNS IP number AND CLICK ADD
If applicable enter Domain Suffix IP and click add.

This should resolve the DNS problem, but the fun is only
starting :-).

Enabled WINS or improper or missing gateway IP number
maybe the source of other problems.

Hope this helps.

Rudy