Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:46:43 +0100
From:      Matthias Saou <matthias@accelance.fr>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xircom 10/100 ethernet problem

Hi!

I'm new to this list... and I'm also quite new to FreeBSD, which
explains the few problems I have that I can't solve yet.
My pcmcia Xircom 10/100 ethernet + 56k modem card seems to have problems
with ressource allocation, here is the error message I get either at
boot time or when I remove/reinsert the card :

pccardd[50]: Config id 35 not present in this card
pccardd[50]:Resource allocation failure for Xircom
pccardd[50]:pccardd started

I've searched for people having the same problem, and all I've found is
three web pages in japanese and an unreacheable mail in the FreeBSD mail
archive... does anyone know how to solve this? What should I put in my
/etc/pccard.conf?
The only thing I've tried so far is removing IRQ5 from the
/etc/defaults/pccard.conf because it's used by my OPL-3 sound card (I
had that IRQ 5 conflict with Linux also).

I'm running 4.1.1-RELEASE, the X-Developer base system with only
WindowMaker and bash2 (I'm not used to tcsh yet ;o) on an Asus L7300
laptop which dual-boots FreeBSD with a RedHat Linux 6.2 system (on which
ethernet, modem, sound, irda, usb all work fine)... I've rebuilt my
world and a custom kernel so far without any problems, that's about it.

Any help would be very much appreciated :)
Matthias

--
Matthias Saou
matthias@accelance.fr