Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 1996 11:17:01 +0100 (MET)
From:      root@deadline.snafu.de (Andreas S. Wetzel)
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Tired of "isa_dmadone_nobounce" messages

Hi!
---

J Wunsch writes:

] As Andreas S. Wetzel wrote:
]
] > This is my third mail....
]
] But the first answer has been given in -current even before your first
] mail there popped up. :)  Thoroughful follow -current...

Sorry if I didn't see that...

] > What's this "isa_dmadone_nobounce: channel 6 not busy" message, and what is
] > it good for? And if it's not good for anything why is it still there?
]
] I suspect you've got a broken sounddriver on a device that uses DMA
] channel 6, have you?

On channel 6 there is my Soundblaster16, but this also happens on the 8 bit
DMA channel of the Soundblaster. I looked over it yesterday and this seems to
happen everytime when the first data is being written to the audio device
after it has been opened and initialized. But until now I have no idea
why this could happen. The sounddrivers look as if they were correctly using
isa_dmastart and isa_dmadone_nobounce.

Regards, Mickey

--
          (__)