Date:      22 Nov 2002 11:10:49 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATA on a Cabriolet?

I was recently given a PC64 system (consisting only of the motherboard, CPU,
and cache SIMMs).  I have it running FreeBSD 4.7 now (which required
installing 4.6.2 and upgrading, since the 4.7 install floppies crashed while
system can't seem to detect the onboard ATA.  I am *very* new to working
with Alphas - this is the first one I've ever actually seen in person - so
I'm not sure how to proceed.  Does SRM have to detect the device before
FreeBSD can see it?  If so, how can I check that it's finding the ATA
correctly?

By the way, I updated the firmware from ARC to SRM v4.8.1, which was the
most recent version I could find.  Is this current?
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.