Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 13:57:15 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Cc:        syssgm@detir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Need anti-exchange ammunition

Greetings fellow defenders of right and good.  Well, I feel like I'm under
siege, so I'm looking for fellow defenders. :-)

A project here that we thought was just looking for a new mail system to
replace CCMail (for the PC centric general users) has expanded beyond
recognition and wants to take over everything.  One of their expectations
is that we will toss out our existing FreeBSD/sendmail mail hub and put
in M$ Exchange.  Eeek!

So, I'm looking for as much anti exchange ammunition as I can find.  I'm
interested, of course, in technical stuff, but even more interested in
war stories of managers getting fired for breaking the mail system.  And
it can't hurt to be directed to sites that describe how to build an
exchange replacement from open source tools, just to scare them with.

Thanks,

Stephen.

Disclaimer:  Um, well, what sort of disclaimer can I put here?  I'm acting
on my own, nobody put me up to it, this is not official policy, official
policy is to stick your head in the sand, no oops, I can't say that, strike
that bit, OK?