Date:      Wed, 4 Aug 1999 17:53:29 -0700
From:      dannyman <dannyman@dannyland.org>
To:        sourcecodevolunteers@algore2000.com
Subject:   i don't get it

| raw e-mail | index | archive | help
So, "In the spirit of the Open Source" movement you are soliciting feedback
about your HTML source code, so that you may incorporate original work in to
your web site under your copyright - "All Rights Reserved".

This does not strike me as being in the spirit of Open Source:

- The idea is you can take from others, giving credit for where your content
  originated.

- The idea is that others can take from you, without your consent, as long as
  they give similar credit.

Your "Open Site" philosophy strikes me as pointless because:

- Anyone can already look at anyone else's HTML "source" code and critique it.

It appears to me that all you are really doing is asking for people to
lint-pick your site without compensation, thus saving your volunteer or paid
campaign staff some of the effort.  Do you make any Open Source resources
available in return or are you just trying to jump on the latest buzz-word to
impress the naive?

To your credit, Bradley's site doesn't even HAVE a feedback function that I
can find.  Or a platform.  So even if your site is well-polished and
buzzword-rific, you're ahead in the web race. :)

Thanks,
-danny

--
dannyman - http://www.dannyland.org/~dannyman/