Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 17:36:11 +0100 (CET)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        jack@innovativeinternet.com
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FrontPage extensions on Apache(/PHP+SSL upgrade)

On 11 Mar, Jack Sasportas wrote:
> Is the main problem loosing your config files ?

No, the apache port did not overwrite your existing config (only
*.conf.default).

> Having only a few 200+ hosts I'm not sure if I am experiencing issues like you
> may be, and I would like to look ahead so to speak...

If it isn't a problem to disable the service for a minute just make the
port, stop apache, make a copy of your config (just to be on the safe
side, if I remember correctly the config isn't deleted by pkg_delete)
pkg_delete the old apache port, install the new one, check the config
and start the new apache.

For me it worked the way I described it in my previous message, YMMV.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
               I believe the technical term is "Oops!"

http://www.Leidinger.net                  Alexander+Home @ Leidinger.net
  Key fingerprint = 7423 F3E6 3A7E B334 A9CC  B10A 1F5F 130A A638 6E7E