Date:      Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:11:00 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Camal <camal@rabita.az>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: came error from nc

In the last episode (Oct 31), Camal said:
> Hi.  My name is Jamal.
>
> I am from Azerbaijan.
>
> When I tried open local port with "nc" and send to him
> "/usr/local/bin/bash" came error.
>
> nc -l 12345 -e /bin/bash
> , Error        ->
> nc: getaddrinfo: servname not supported for ai_socktype
>
> in /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts files checked all of was right.
>
> Why is it so?

I can't reproduce your error message, but your command won't do what you
want anyway.  The nc command that comes with FreeBSD doesn't support the
"listen on a socket and run a command" option.  Its -e is an ipsec option.
If you install /usr/ports/net/netcat and use that command, it should work:

netcat -l -p 12345 -e /usr/local/bin/bash

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com