Date:      Tue, 02 Oct 2001 19:21:02 -0400
From:      Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: code density vs readability

At 08:31 AM 10/2/2001, j mckitrick wrote (edited):
>All of this occurred to me as I
>was reading some new VS code that also has spaces before and after
>parentheses.  It's because the editor does not match pairs, so they rely
>on visual cues to do it themselves.  God, i love real editors.

Unless you're talking about something different than what I'm thinking
about, the default editor in Visual Studio does match parentheses and braces.

But this still doesn't really change the fact that regardless of how easy
it is for my editor/compiler to match parentheses, it doesn't make it one
bit easier for *me* to see those pairs when I'm looking at my code on
screen or paper.  Those code structuring techniques are for us people, not
the tools.

--Chip Morton