Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 15:59:38 -0400
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        mij@soupnazi.org
Cc:        darklogik@pittgoth.com, blackend@FreeBSD.org, cjuniet@entreview.com, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/41106: FreeBSD Handbook lacks "Desktop Applications" chapter.

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 12:49:05 -0700
Jim Mock <mij@soupnazi.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Aug 2002 at 10:21:54 -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> > Marc Fonvieille wrote:
> > >
> > >Perhaps one thing is missing: the mail applications: sylpheed,
> > >evolution etc... Nowadays people can't think about a computer
> > >without thinking about sending mails :)
> >
> > Using email clients (MUA's) will be its own chapter all togeather,
> > which is already a PR in which I've taken ;)  If you wish to help me
> > with it, just let me know and I'll inform you about what needs
> > worked over ;)  Thanks!
>
> It probably shouldn't be it's own chapter but a section of the
> "Electronic Mail" chapter.

This sounds even better, have a section on mail clients and describe
some of the more common ones (mutt, pine, sylpheed) so that users
can get up and running with email fast.  Originally, I was thinking
about a text based and a menu based section, which would describe
mutt for text based and sylpheed for menu.  Any suggestions?

Note: I really do not want to get in depth with many clients, it
would become to difficult to maintain.

--
Tom (Darklogik) Rhodes
www.FreeBSD.org  -The Power To Serve