Date:      Wed, 07 Feb 1996 09:58:34 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        soward@service1.uky.edu
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7880 driver in SNAP

>I just loaded the 2.2-960130-SNAP on a new HP XU 6/150 Pentium Pro. Of
>course, it didn't like the HP ethernet card, but it also coughed up some error
>
>with the 7880 -- still worked though...iozone performance is only about
>3Meg/sec which is worse than a 2940+Hawk+P100...

I guess I should change the error message so people don't think its as much
of a problem.  Most motherboard controllers do not have a Serial EEPROM,
so you have to rely on the work that the BIOS did.  It should work
fine.

As to speed, a faster processor won't fix a slow disk.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations