Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:57:50 +0200
From:      Giulio Ferro <auryn@zirakzigil.org>
To:        Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd@codelabs.ru>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lost routes

Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> Giulio, good day.

Good day to you.

> Was the problem described in some PR?

I don't know, really. I heard about it in the past (some years ago)
from another guy, and it has happened to me for at least 2-3 years.

This is just the first time I've decided to report it (my bad)...
> Can it be so that the interface goes down and then it is resurrected by
> the sequence that is more-or-less identical to /etc/rc.d/netif restart?
> This can lead to the route loss.  Do you have some kernel messages that
> are related to the interface on which routes are lost?

Nope.
There are no messages in the logs, and no interface has been
touched. Anyway, since there are a lot of routes and only one
gets deleted I don't think it depends on interface changing
(it would delete them all, wouldn't it?)

Interestingly enough, one of the routes that is erased has the
same gateway as several others which aren't deleted. Hope it
rings some bell...

Bye.