Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 14:17:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
To:        Brennan W Stehling <brennan@offwhite.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world failed

Which much venom, Brennan W Stehling wrote:

> I am not a moron that does not read any documentation.  So let me lash
> back a bit here, maybe you should read someones full email and the rest of
> the thread before flaming them.
>
> You only come off as a prick and discourage people from using FreeBSD.  I
> love it and have been using it for over 2 years but the flames I got
> recently when asking for a few suggestions have been discouraging.

First, I apologize if that is the way it seemed.  I only meant to point
out what has bitten me in the back side so often, and I had read the rest
of the thread.  I know how hard it can be to keep up with the mailing
list, but this exact procedure has been worn out on the mailing list ever
since the release.

> It's like I should just stick to reading the README's and online
> documentation and avoid all contact with any mailing list or chat room.

Not at all.  In fact you will find this on the Make World page.

If you try and track -STABLE or -CURRENT and do not read the
<stable@FreeBSD.org> or <current@FreeBSD.org> mailing lists then you are
asking for trouble.

Which brings us back to the fact that the correct procedure has
been discussed at length on this list for the past two or three weeks.

No flame intended,

Jim