Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 23:58:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Smith@ian.org
To:        Stable FBSD <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        questions FBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Bridging and IPFilter in 4.x

Are there plans (or is there currently) to do OpenBSD style
bridge0 interfaces to allow bridging to be integrated easier
into diffrent utilities?

Currently I use IPFilter but have no way to work with bridged
packets.

I won't want to switch to IPFW as it does not have all the
filter and nat rules that I need.

It would be nice if bridging and diverting were done via bridge#
and divert# interfaces.. but I assume that is not something that
is easy to fix?

Not trying to flame, but should I consider using OpenBSD instead
if my needs are IPFilter and bridging?

Thanks!

--
Smith@ian.org