Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:52:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nick Johnson <freebsd@spatula.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   problematic Toshiba laptop hardware

I've successfully installed 4.0 on a Toshiba Tecra 8000, and everything is
ok, except that the pccard device fails to detect despite many sordid
attempts at finding a working kernel config.  More specifically, pcic0 and
pcic1 are located, but card0 is not detected.  The end result is that
pcmcia devices are not accessible.

Is there a contact for the pcmcia stuff with whom I can work toward
debugging the trouble with the card device on Toshiba
hardware?  Considering the proliferation of these relatively cheap
laptops, I'd like to do what I can to get things working for everyone.

   Nick

--
"Why do so many people concern themselves so much with the private
 affairs of complete strangers?"