Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:30:39 -0500
From:      David Wassman <DWassman@davismonk.com>
To:        <jason.w.barnes@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: interactive stop on boot

Jason,

If there isn't anything needed from the NFS mounts, you can add
intr,soft options to the /etc/fstab for each NFS share. Intr allows you
to interrupt the NFS process with CTRL-C. You may not be available to do
this, but you could call a user to do it. Soft allows the NFS client to
fail, instead of hang.=20

Or you could just delete the entries or have them noauto.

Also, verify that the dump and pass# are set to zero. At least pass#, as
if it is any other number, the background fschk will try to run and hang
if not available (not ideal to run fschk on NFS mounts anyway)

Hope this helps.

David Wassman

Message: 13