Date:      Thu, 8 Oct 1998 13:24:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Tim Wolfe <tim@clipper.net>
Cc:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IP Load balancing

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Tim Wolfe wrote:

> Now this particular instance I spent about 5 minutes thinking of so I know
> there are tons of holes and/or better ways to do this.  The point is, at
> Layer3, you get a measure of control over network flow and traffic
> structure..

Okay. Essentially, though, you either send using priorities based on MAC
addresses or IP addresses. Still, the packet can't get to a machine
faster, because the filtering is still the same. I do understand how
people would use the cost features, though there are software ways of
doing that.

- bill fumerola [root/billf]@chc-chimes.com - computer horizons corp -
-  ph:(800)252.2421 x128 / bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - BF1560  -

	"Logic, like whiskey, loses its beneficial effect
	when taken in too large quantities" -Lord Dunsany