Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 00:30:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        "Tom T. Thai" <tomthai@future.net>, "Yury V. Savin" <msav@kari.ru>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wavelan ISA Card???

> How much is an access point?  (The $950 I mentioned earlier for the
> NetWave setup was the access point, since it connected to our local
> ethernet.)

I only know about the Wavelans (ISA) and RoamAbout PCMCIA..  I sort of
remember $1000/access point, but don't quote me on that since I dispice
the idea of highway robbery on access points, when you can throw together
a cheap PC for much less.

> Before I prattle on indefinitely, does anyone have a WWW site I could
> head for that might have answers to these sorts of questions?  (Most
> commercial sites are long on marketing and short on data.)

http://www.wavelan.com
http://www.networks.digital.com (then do site search for RoamAbout).

RoamAbout is a Wavelan clone.

Bernie