Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 12:21:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      wellsian <wellsian@caffeine.com>
To:        Craig Shaver <craig@ProGroup.COM>
Cc:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail configuration question

It's a good indication someone is doing something illicit. Allthough, the
odds it's spam decreases with the number of addresses at my domain. Right?
So this configuration shouldn't cause you a problem. AOL may allow huge
numbers of destinations, and presumably their servers can handle it. But
if someone tries to dump a message to more than a couple users at any of
my personal domains then I know it's spam and will reject it.

This limit isn't uncommon, especially with small servers. Any MTA,
(especially a bulk-mailer) needs to know how to back off and do single
address delivery.

Dave