Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 14:25:57 +1000
From:      Peter Champas <ingold@besys.net.au>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Internet providers discouraging customers from unix

-------------[Snip]-------------------

>Which is exactly why Win* is winning and Unix in general is being seen
>as old and unpopular by higher management. We shall be assimilated by
>billy unless you help others see the light.
Seems to me we all fear this sort of thing happening, were we will be
infested by
w* os's, I agree with giving as much information about unix as possible it
may not
be the *easest* OS to deal with, but it sure beats whats comming out of
Billys
work shop. I personaly have only being Learning UNIX for about 4 months,
but without
the help of others, I would not have continued, I may *shutter* have
installed nt..

So if they ask for exploits point them to Web pages, and Books, cause if
they don't
know the full story, how can they defend against it, cause most of it is
documented
and have patches/fixes/workarounds unlike others we know.. :)

Cya
   /*\     Life is a challange.. Just ask your local ISP    /*\
  /* *\               ingold@besys.net.au                  /* *\
 o-----o-------- http://www.besys.net.au/~ingold --------o------o