Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:52:00 -0500
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@mojave.sitaranetworks.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-small@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Rearranging PicoBSD build

On Thursday,  2 December 1999 at 18:37:59 -0500, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 02-Dec-99 Greg Lehey wrote:
>> I've almost completed some Makefiles for building PicoBSD images, and
>> I was planning on committing them in the near future.  If anybody
>> would like to review them, please contact me.  They're not quite
>> finished yet, so if you have any input, it would be welcome.
>>
>> A couple of changes:
>>
>> - As well as the four static images (dial, install, isp, router), I'm
>>   adding a fifth one (custom).  By default, custom will be low on
>>   features, so that you can add your own.
>
> What about the 'net' image?  I assume you actually do have it, but
> just forgot it?

Sort of :-) I started playing with it, then renamed the directory to
custom, so when I looked through the directory names, I didn't see it.
But yes, I have no intention of removing it.

> Also, Do you have support for building a custom, home-grown floppy
> that doesn't live in src/release/picobsd/custom?

Why would you want to do that?  There's no reason why custom shouldn't
be a symlink.  But the way I build requires a number of files in
custom, and it's easier to do things in place.

>> - I've added support for a second floppy disk which can be read to the
>>   MFS in at boot time.
>
> I think the new GUI interface already supports this.  In any case, are you
> going to take this new interface and use it to move the sysinstall installation
> floppy under picoBSD?

I'm not sure what you mean by the "new GUI interface".  Do you mwan
the files in release/picobsd/build?  I don't see any support for it
there.

Greg