Date:      Wed, 04 Aug 1999 19:42:53 -0700
From:      Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
To:        David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, Phil Regnauld <regnauld@ftf.net>, markov@globalnet.co.uk, sfuqua@nas.nasa.gov, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, sfuqua@nothing.nas.nasa.gov
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD cures RSI

David Scheidt wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Terry Lambert wrote:
>
> > Hmmm.  I wonder how the existance of mice has impacted the ability
> > of the post-mouse generation to learn touch-typing.  Negatively,
> > would be my guess...
>
> I have noticed a distinct break in the number of poeple who can touch type
> based on age, at least among people who have been using a computer for
> a while.  People older than 27 or so can touch type; people younger than
> this can't.  There are exceptions, of course.  Lots of people never learn
> to type properly, even when they have to type everything.  Some people
> learn, even if they have been using mice since the age of 4.

I think high-schools are moving towards requiring a typing class to
graduate.  I really like typing a whole lot more than using the mouse.
Things get done much faster with the keyboard than with click-damn,
missed, click..., damn have to click on that window...

--
Eric Hodel - age: 19
hodeleri@seattleu.edu

"They cook your gonies"
     -Terry Lambert's uncle on why he doesn't have a microwave