Date:      Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:43:55 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NASA's Operating System?

Giorgos Keramidas writes:

> This is a reference to the story I had read somewhere about US Navy
> migrating ship-control systems to NT.  I seem to have failed locating
> the URL again, but if I find it, it'll be posted here :-P

First hit Yahoo! turned up on "+navy +nt +ship +towed"
http://www.info-sec.com/OSsec/OSsec_080498g_j.shtml

In all fairness to NT the failure was in the Navy's software and not
Microsoft's. Then again some claim an advantage of Windows is the
ability to use personnel of lower skills. And some believe "garbage in,
garbage out."

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net