Date:      Sun, 26 May 2002 14:10:14 +0200
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre@albsmeier.net>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>, Nicholas Esborn <nick@netdot.net>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: G400 DH or other TV-capable cards question

On Thu, 23-May-2002 at 14:49:27 -0700, Randy Bush wrote:
> > The G450 and G550 don't have a working TV-Out under Linux and FreeBSD.
>
> does it work at all, i.e. single headed, with 450 and 550?

Sure. They even work in dual head mode. The thing that doesn't work is
configuring the second head as TV-Out.

Folks, I can only suggest one thing: Flood Matrox with emails. Ask them
how to configure the 450/550  for using TV-Out on the second head under
Linux (don't mention FreeBSD, it will confuse them, I think :-)).
If you want, tell them, they will lose a customer. (They probably will
give a shit on that). The problem is, I didn't find an alternative to
use: I tried it with the Linux binary for N*idia cards; it is crap
IMHO since it merges the two heads to one big screen (correct me, if
I am wrong). What I want is :0.0 for my primary screen and :0.1 for
TV-Out. Don't know about ATI cards.

If someone is interested in my Xserver config for the G400 using
TV-out, tell me (it is pretty straight forward, nothing special
in it).

	-Andre