Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 23:05:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
To:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some advice needed.

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Daniel O'Callaghan wrote:

> > 	Thanks, what I was wondering is what did they do for the POP
> > locations since it would be a different Unix box each time on the remote
> > end, did they actually just have the local pop number forward to another
> > telephone number?
>
> You could do it like that, I guess, or install multiple boxes.  I only
> have one POP.

	Hmmm, what is actually required on the POP since his POP is
supposed to only provide shell access on the main computer at the
NOC, ppp server for their dial up tcp/ip connection.  He'll probably put a
ET Serial card in to make the machine a router or make another machine a
router and also resell some lines.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]