Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 2014 13:51:11 +0000
From:      Matt Smith <fbsd@xtaz.co.uk>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnupg & pinentry

On Dec 23 07:44, Mark Felder wrote:

>It looks as though it would be feasible to write an extremely
>lightweight pinentry-compatible program to depend on so we can kill the
>dependency bloat and have a simple shell-based password entry option.
>
>Anyone up for a weekend challenge? :-)

There has been another thread on this mailing list discussing making the
port honour the WITHOUT_X11 and OPTIONS_UNSET+=X11 options from
make.conf which would make it only depend on security/pinentry-curses
instead of security/pinentry. This seems like a good solution to me. It
would mean if one of those options is set it will only drag in a single
dependancy rather than all the X11 libraries and GTK.

--
Matt