Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 01:17:17 -0500
From:      Susie Ward <webmaster@web-trends.com>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some advice needed.

At 08:34 PM 4/10/97 -0700, Vincent Poy wrote:
>	Thanks, what I was wondering is what did they do for the POP
>locations since it would be a different Unix box each time on the remote
>end, did they actually just have the local pop number forward to another
>telephone number?

You can do it either way. My phone company (SouthWestern Bell in Arkansas)
has a service called TeleBranch. The way it works is I can have a phone#
anywhere in SWB service area that is forwarded to my phone number here for
$16/mo. But that would also incur a per/minute charge. However, they have
another service that (again it has to be in a certain area, but it does
cover 80% of Arkansas) for $15/mo I can have unlimited long distance
calling from the remote# to my local#. So that would mean $31/mo for each
line, then also I would have to be sure I had enough lines/modems on my end
to accomodate them. We havent decided yet whether this solution would be
worth it or not, but it is an option when we get ready.

You would just need to contact your phone company to see if they have such
a service, and good luck, I had a heckuva time finding a service rep who
had any idea what I was talking about :)

Susie