Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 1997 19:54:17 +0000
From:      "Pedro Giffuni S." <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newest Pentium bug (fatal)

Eivind Eklund wrote:

> > > If you weren't predictive, I might claim you were schitzophernic until
> > > you became predictive... any factually based model is predictive.
> >
> > Hearing from God != foretelling the future.
>
> However, if it isn't predictive, it is more-or-less uninteresting.  It
> doesn't give you information - information is predictive.  It might
> give you good feelings and "solutions to your problems", but noting
> that is relevant to the rest of the world.

I would consider the predictive part interesting...If you know you will
die betrayed and you will go to hell, but you can't avoid it...why
should you want to know in the first place?

> I don't feel the need for a god to be able to describe the world, this
> I don't introduce one.

Of course...God doesn't exist to describe the world !...He only created
it, we were left with the problem of keeping it working :-).

	Pedro.