Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:41:52 +0100
From:      Ulrich =?utf-8?B?U3DDtnJsZWlu?= <uqs@spoerlein.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   libkvm: consumers of kvm_getprocs for non-live kernels?

Hi,

I have this cleanup of libkvm sitting in my tree and it needs a little
bit of testing, especially the function kvm_proclist, which is only
called from kvm_deadprocs which is only called from kvm_getprocs when kd
is not ALIVE.

The only consumer in our tree that I can make out is *probably* kgdb, as
ps(1), top(1), w(1), pkill(1), fstat(1), systat(1), pmcstat(8) and
bsnmpd don't really work on coredumps

But, the kgdb file gnu/usr.bin/binutils/gdb/kvm-fbsd.c, where
kvm_getprocs is probably called on a dead kernel is not even used during
build!

So I guess I'm staring at dead code here, any kvm people around that can
clue me in?

Thanks,
Uli