Date:      Thu, 05 Aug 1999 18:05:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>, Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>, Travis Cole <tcole@balsam.methow.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD cures RSI

On 05-Aug-99 Chris Piazza wrote:
> This I don't understand.  Is it really true that younger people
> can't touch type very well?  I've been able to touch type since
> I was 11 or 12 years old, and I'm 18 now.
>
> -Chris

I think we are the exceptions.  You're using Unix for crying out loud, which is
very much command line driven.  How many of our peers are using Unix (or
Unix-like for the nitpickers)?  In the grand scheme of things, not many.  Most
of them only use Windows, and have never seen a command prompt before.  Some
are even horrified when I pull up a DOS prompt on their box to try and fix
stuff.

> --
> cpiazza@home.net              cpiazza@FreeBSD.org
> "It's better to be quotable than to be honest."
>                                    --Tom Stoppard

---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/
PGP Key: http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/pgpkey.asc