Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:07:30 -0600
From:      "Brian Henning" <b1henning@hotmail.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   vpn with mpd

Hello,

i just installed the net/mpd port for creating a vpn. I was able to connect
to it from another machine on my local network, but when i tried to connect
to it from outside my network i got a timeout error (like there isn't an
open port).  i think i have the correct port open on my firewall ( a
different machine than my bsd box ).  i was wondering what port mpd runs on?
I ran  'nmap localhost' on my bsd box and did not find any results for ipsec
or vpn related ports.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

brian