Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 2003 14:30:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/52724: crashes apparently due to a ACPI problem

The following reply was made to PR i386/52724; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc: Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:29:50 -0400 (EDT)

 Unfortunately I was to quick to say that it works.
 It did become much more stable, but if I start a big compile (kernel or
 Mozilla) the CPU overheats. For some reason it doesn't turn the correct
 fan on and in 5-10 minutes of compiling I get a message in the
 /var/log/messages about CPU temperature beging in invalid range (> 90C)
 and systems shuts down.
 I've updated to the latest kernel and it didn't make a difference.