Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 23:00:57 -0700
From:      Adrian Goins <monachus@arces.net>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: servlet capable server, jdk1.2beta?

Quoting Christoph Kukulies (kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE):

> I'm trying to experiment with servlets. Is there any
> servlet capable web server for FreeBSD available?

i'm running apache 1.2.4 on FreeBSD 2.2.5-SNAP and am successfully using
servlets under jserv0.9.10.  i set it all up out of httpd.conf with the
following:

ServletBinary /usr/local/jdk1.1.5/bin/java
ServletBinaryArgument -ms8m -mx16m
ServletClassPath /usr/local/jdk1.1.5/lib/classes.zip
ServletClassPath /usr/local/jdk1.1.5/lib/servclasses.zip
ServletClassPath /usr/local/jdk1.1.5/lib/classes

#ServletEnvironment
ServletErrorLog /var/log/servlet.error
ServletPort 8007
ServletProperties /usr/local/www/server/conf/servlets.properties
ServletAuthExport off
ServletAlias /servlet /usr/local/www/servlets

i've even set up servlet access for my virtualhosts by just adding a
ServletAlias line which points at the right directory.  no problems here!

i've done considerable work with servlets under NT (i run servers with
both operating systems), using the JRun servlet engine, and i find the
apache one to be much more configurable and user friendly (but that's just
the fault of IIS).

if i can be of specific help, please let me know.

--
Regards,

Adrian Goins - admin@arces.net
Arces Network, Inc.