Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 10:31:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Ronald Kuehn <kuehn@rz.tu-clausthal.de>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What to tell to Linux-centric people?!

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Ronald Kuehn wrote:

:> :You'll have to do the same steps with tcsh; no commercial Unix I know of
:> :ships with tcsh by default.
:
:> 8:54am thunder  /home/jamie %uname -a
:> IRIX64 thunder 6.5 01221553 IP27
:> 8:54am thunder  /home/jamie %which tcsh
:> /bin/tcsh
:
:> 8:54am saisun31  /home/jamie %uname -a
:> SunOS saisun31 5.7 Generic_106541-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1
:> 8:54am saisun31  /home/jamie %which tcsh
:> /bin/tcsh
:
:> Both Irix and Solaris ship with tcsh.
:
:> Jamie Bowden
:
:Well, Solaris doesn't. And I doubt Irix does. Seems to be
:installed by the admin.

Irix does in fact install it.  I happen to be the admin.  Had I compiled
and installed it, it would be in /usr/local where it belongs.  The Solaris
boxes are questionable.  The previous admin was wierd, and may have just
mimicked Irix's location.

Jamie Bowden

--

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)