Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 1996 22:38:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      joed@telecom.ksu.edu (Joe Diehl)
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bochs (386 emulation)

As Michael Smith wrote:

> Robert Eckardt stands accused of saying:
> >
> > Then I started with `bochs -bootA'
> > I had to press return since DOS6.22 waits after the `Starting MS-DOS' message.
>
> FWIW, this is DOS checking the keyboard controller.  I think it sends
> a 'reset' command and expects a response of some sort; it's been a while
> since I looked at that for doscmd.

Alas, this was the original problem.  Reran bochs and hit return, and the
program started going again, but later paniced and died.. The output of
the debugging information being spit to the xterm is listed at the
bottom of the message if anyone is interested.

I am running the latest version on the ftp site (from december), perhaps
I should try moving backwards in versions.   Is anyone successfully running
this version of the software?

   KBD: unsupported int 16h function 92h
   KBD: controller passed byte f2h to keyboard
   KBD: indentify keyboard command received
   int15h: default handler encounters CF=0
   KBD: controller passed byte f2h to keyboard
   KBD: indentify keyboard command received
   int15h: default handler encounters CF=0
   KBD: controller passed byte f2h to keyboard
   KBD: indentify keyboard command received
   vga_update(): updated=0 enabled=1
   int15h: default handler encounters CF=0
   vga_update(): updated=0 enabled=1
   vga_update(): updated=0 enabled=1
   int10h: f 1A, sf 0: returning hardcoded result
   unsupported IO read from port 56e0
   unsupported IO read from port aae0
   unsupported IO read from port e2e0
   unsupported IO read from port 1ee0
   int10h: f 12h: sf 34h
   bochs: panic, int10h: f 12h: subf BL=34h
   real mode
   CS.d_b = 16 bit
     current operand size = 16
     current address size = 16