Date:      Thu, 05 Aug 1999 21:33:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>, Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>, Travis Cole <tcole@balsam.methow.com>, Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD cures RSI

On 06-Aug-99 Tim Vanderhoek wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 02:58:34PM -0700, Chris Piazza wrote:
>>
>> This I don't understand.  Is it really true that younger people
>> can't touch type very well?  I've been able to touch type since
>
> No, and to the person who responded to this, no, the argument that
> "readers of -chat are non-representative of younger people" does not
> apply.  All of this younger people can't type bullshit is mostly a
> bunch of phogies trying to feel good about themselves.  They should
> stick to stories about being forced to program their Altairs through
> toggle switches and how we have it so good these days with structured
> languages.

Umm...  I'm only 21 myself (I'm the the person who responded originally) and if
the people I've met at my university (including other CS majors) is any
representation, then touch typing is not a very wide spread art.  Perhaps my
school is an anomaly.

---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/
PGP Key: http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/pgpkey.asc