Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 01:58:58 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISP pooping out; any BSD friendly ISP out there????

At 2:56 PM +0200 3/25/01, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:

>  Rather than POP, have you considered IMAP?  I believe it's had
>  security problems now and then, but it can't be worse than
>  telnet'ing...  and it's better than nothing if you don't find a
>  suitable provider for proper shell access.

	Keep in mind that virtually all providers I know of that support
IMAP will also support POP on the same boxes.  Indeed, it's a lot
harder to get them to support IMAP if they already support POP than
the reverse.  I believe that both Cyrus and UW IMAP packages come
with a POP3 server in the box, and I know that UW IMAP is fully
compatible with virtually all mailbox formats out there, which means
you should be able to easily run it on a machine that already has an
existing POP server implementation.

	So, what it comes down to is that this should not be a factor
that should need to be considered.
--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles@skynet.be>

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>          */