Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 14:04:16 +0300
From:      Ruslan Shevchenko <rssh@cki.ipri.kiev.ua>
To:        "Victor A. Sudakov" <vas@vas.tomsk.su>
Cc:        Jacob Suter <jsuter@linus.intrastar.net>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Internet providers discouraging customers from unix

Victor A. Sudakov wrote:

> Jacob Suter wrote:
> > My point (as the support personel of intrastar.net)...  morons shouldn't
> > use unix...  If I have a user that calls and does something to the tune of
> > "I GOT MY (unix type) CD TODAY - PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO EXPLOIT SOMETHING
> > COOL!" I'm not going to be super-keen on telling this person what to
> > do.Unix IMHO is for elite people, not for lowly lamer people (ie - the guy

  No. The matter of Windows95 win, is that the computer+Win95 is
superset of TV + game adapter.
 May be, for all *normal* peoples it is better, than "computer is
computer".

  How to bring UNIX --- use it, write lamer interfaces for /etc
customization (on Tk), and so -on

  In ideal, user must don't know, what OS he use.

  About commerce use of UNIX --- we must speak about UNIX as about
best server OS. (And setup it to customers with Samba)