Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2005 22:17:57 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org>
To:        Bob Pickles <BPickles@sbs.com>
Cc:        phk@phk.freebsd.dk, Juergen.Dankoweit@T-Online.de, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on embedded systems

Bob Pickles wrote:
> Hi
>
> For you interest, I have implemented a PMC (PCI Mezzanine Card)
> driver for one of our products for a French company over 1 year
> ago. FreeBSD is a nice stable platform, to develop with.
>
> There are many Intel based VME and cPCI system Single Board Computers
> in the market place. It would be nice if FreeBSD were also compatible
> with Power PC, then more military suppliers might look at this as an
> option.
>
> Regards
>
> Bob Pickles

FreeBSD runs multiuser on the Mac G3 and G4 platforms right now.
Translating that into running on a PPC 405G or 440G or similar SOC
system would probably take a couple of months of writing the appropriate
glue code and bootstrap and porting some drivers.  I'd very much like to
see this be done, but it's not something that I have the cycles to in my
free time.

Scott