Date:      Fri, 06 Aug 1999 00:40:20 -0400
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        wghicks@wghicks.bellsouth.net
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD cures RSI

> All of this younger people can't type bullshit is mostly a bunch of
> phogies trying to feel good about themselves.  They should stick to
> stories about being forced to program their Altairs through toggle
> switches and how we have it so good these days with structured
> languages.

Bah, I had a paper tape reader on my ASR33 teletype.  There was a
very small loader we entered through the front panel but the biggest
problem was avoiding inevitable tears of the tape.

You weenie whippersnappers can handle electronics fine but let's see
you fix something with the mechanical complexity of a teletype, or
even change the oil in your (imported) car.  Build your own big-block
Chevy musclecar?  Forget it  :P

Now that I've learned I am older than Jordan it's time for a mid-life
crisis.  I do *look* younger than him though... hehe

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net