Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 04:17:03 -0500
From:      Susie Ward <webmaster@web-trends.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sportster Init String

Could some of you please show me the init strings you are using for your
Sportster 28.8/33.6 modems? I've almost got my dialups working, but I think
a large part of my problem is not having an init string that the modems
really like. I used the one recommended at usr.com on the unix setup page,
but that didnt work, used another that a friend sent and that got rid of
the garbage recieved error, but I still can only connect like 1 out of 6
times, so that really bites :) I'm "hoping" this where my problem lies, if
anyone has any other suggestions as to what might make the connections so
unreliable, I'm open for suggestions (FreeBSD 2.2.1, Cyclades Yo board).
I'm going to pick up a new monitor tomorrow too and I'm planning on
grabbing a different brand of modem to try just to see if maybe that helps,
any suggestions on that?

TIA

Susie