Date:      Thu, 01 Oct 1998 17:28:43 -0400
From:      Jerry Hicks <jhicks@glenatl.glenayre.com>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>, FreeBSD Small <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Command-line i/f (Re: PicoBSD)

> At 12:26 01-10-98 , Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
> >On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
[snips]

> >Perhaps this is a dead end, perhaps not.. but now I'm experimenting with
> >Forth (in fact, its variant: /usr/ports/lang/atlast) - I need this in some
> >other project as well, and I thought it would be a nice approach.
>
> Forth, forth, isn't that YAPL (Yet Another Programming Language)? *Looking
> at the ports directory name verifies it* =)

YAPL with some pretty desirable attributes for this sort of application.  I
believe you're right on track Adrzej.

Have you experienced any 'technical difficulties' with AtLast?  We tried to
use it ourselves and beat a hasty retreat to PFE (/usr/ports/lang/forth).
(SIGSEGVs)

You might poke around ftp://ftp.taygeta.com for more Forth lore.

I would encourage you to stick with an ANSI forth if possible since there is a
fair amount of UI code available.

Feel free to drop me a line if I can help with any Forth issues...

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
jerry.hicks@glenayre.com