Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 1996 16:22:22 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updated knews port from 0.9.3 to 0.9.5, here the diffs

Hi !

Sorry for the delay.

On Sun, 17 Mar 1996, Satoshi Asami wrote:

>  * I found this version on a knews homepage and got it via
>  * http... So you should get knews and place it onto the default
>  * MASTER_SITE in the FreeBSD universe ;-)
>
> That's ok, just specify the master site using "http:".  Normal ncftp's
> that people are using will fail and get it from ftp.freebsd.org's
> backup.

Ok, then the only use of it is, that people see exactly, where
it is from.

>  * Here the URL, where I got it from ... From that page you
>  * can easily navigate to the http_link, to get the sources.
>  *
>  * http://www.matematik.su.se/users/kjj/knews.html
>
> Thanks, but the file I got from there had a different checksum.  I did
> an od, it has a string "<PLAINTEXT>" at the beginning of the file, so
> it seems like the author screwed up something.

Oh, I had no problems so far ... strange.

>  * diff -r1.1.1.1 Makefile
>  * 2,3c2,3
>  * < # Version required:     0.9.3
>  * < # Date created:         Sat Nov 18 15:23:47 MET 1995
>
> By the way, context or unified diffs are preferred. ;)

Ok, you're right. It's the first time for me to use cvs diff.
I overlooked, that I had to use an additional switch for diff
at the command line. Sorry, if you had any trouble.

> P.S. This is the version I have after fixing some stuff, please use
> this as a base if you are going to re-submit the port.

Well, this version is ready for being committed. The only
change would be now, to change the Master site to http://....
as you suggested. Since this is the only minor change, I don't
resubmit to save bandwidth. You could commit it now.

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@knobel.gun.de         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         $$  Support Unix - aklemm@wup.de  $$