Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 19:56:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jamie@dilbert.iagnet.net (Jamie Rishaw)
To:        dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
Cc:        pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co, jdfalk@cybernothing.org, muditha@seychelles.net, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Router

> >>         IMHO, Cisco /is/ the standard, and the only reason to go with
> >>         anything else would have to be the price.  But, as always, it
> >>         depends heavily on what your requirements are.
>
> It depends what your doing. Ciscos dont to PPP well (although so
> dont lots of other products), and also on your technical prowess. If

Huh?

We have about 150 T1 customers, probably 20 or more of them are PPP.
The PPP connections are just as stable as the HDLC connections.
We run them on AGS's and 7513s, both individual serial cards and
channelized T3.. numbered and unnumbered.

> you are technically capable (ie, know how to debug WAN connections)
> they you can get more "bang for you buck" even at the same price with
> other choices. The $300/year is a factor that other routers dont have as
> well for support.

Look into the Cisco 1600 series routers.. not a bad piece of equipment.
We have probably a dozen 56K and T1 customers with 1600's.

> Dennis

Jamie Rishaw
Internet Access Group
--
jamie g.k. rishaw  dal/efnet:gavroche          Internet Access Group
'whois JGR2' for PGP keyID/Fingerprint __      Network Operations/TSD