Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 1996 11:07:28 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        nate@sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CVS ISSUES

> Hmm, I *think* I understand what you are trying to say in that
> incredibly run on sentence.
>
> If you meant to say.
>
> Why doesn't CVS keep the changes you've made current to the newly
> modified files, then I don't understand your problems.

That's sort of it... though it wants a more complicated setup to
make sure it's the same problem.

And I didn't understand it either.  That's why I posted.  8-).

> > I think that CVS is not paying as much attention to the checked out
> > tree as it should, specifically in light of "proiscuous" changes to
> > the CVS tree vs. SUP.
> >
> > Opinions?
>
> I hate to say this, but I think something is either wrong with the way
> you use CVS, or that you're hacked version of CVS is broken, since every
> version of CVS I've used in FreeBSD has always worked (and continues to
> work) in the way you are describing it's broken.

"Hacked" hardly describes taking a -current source version an modifying:

| /* Define if you want CVS to be able to be a remote repository client.  */
| #define CLIENT_SUPPORT 1
|
| /* Define if you want CVS to be able to serve repositories to remote
|    clients.  */
| #define SERVER_SUPPORT 1

| /* Define if you want CVS to be able to be a remote repository client.  */
| /* #define CLIENT_SUPPORT 1*/
|
| /* Define if you want CVS to be able to serve repositories to remote
|    clients.  */
| /* #define SERVER_SUPPORT 1*/

Configuration changes are supposed to be made in conig.h, nes pas?

Julian has suggested "pilot error".  I will be able to test this after
more conflicting changes are entered (ie: after David does the Lite2
integration -- my patches are being held pending that event anyway).

I let everyone know what happens then (as I already stated to this list).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.