Date:      Tue, 01 Mar 2005 23:28:03 -0600
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox and Macromedia Flash Plugin...

Roland Smith wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 10:09:45AM -0600, Eric Schuele wrote:
>
>>I have searched the archives and googled a good bit.  Everyone seems to
>>rely on the Linux plugin wrapper.  Is there a 'no Linux compatibility"
>>alternative that works well with Firefox?
>

> There is a port called flashplugin-firefox, using libflash. I tried it
> but is was prone to crashing on amd64, on 5.3-RELEASE-p4.

I agree... after using it this evening (flashplugin-firefox with no
other supporting ports) it has proven very unstable.  A few sites
worked... but that was definitely the exception.  Many failed either
proving unresponsive or by pulling firefox down completely.

Z.Z. suggested a few additional linux ports.  I may give them a try as well.

--
Regards,
Eric