Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 1997 12:37:22 +0100
From:      Damian Hamill <damian@cablenet.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some advice needed.

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Certainly can.  Callers can either use a getty login or PPP PAP - getty
> > detects PPP calls and starts pppd.  See
> > ftp.hilink.com.au:/pub/FreeBSD/ts-kit215.tgz
>
> Did we never integrate this functionality into the system by default?
> It seems a logical thing to do.
>
>                                         Jordan

I've been thinking about this recently (especially considering the pigs
ear of getting win95 to connect with scripting) and I would like a getty
that supports auto-ppp, however for my setup the pppd will also have to
do radius authentication, instead of PAP or CHAP.

Any thoughts on that ?

regards
damian

--
* PIAB - PoP In A Box - the total solution for ISPs, with more features
* than a Constable landscape, and very cheap too!!